If You Need Help Managing Your Energy Bill
Need Some Help?
See which resources may be able to provide the assistance you need to stay current on your energy bill.
If you're concerned about staying current on your energy bill, we have a five-part strategy to help you.
- Check out our trove of energy-saving tips that may be able to help you cut down on your monthly power usage and reduce your energy bills.
- Sign up for our Equal Payment Plan to get predictable monthly energy bills.
- See if you qualify for one of the two free home energy conservation and weatherization programs that are available for low-income households.
- If you’re behind on your bill but can’t make up the past-due balance all at once, a Deferred Payment Agreement, or DPA, may be able to help you catch up.
- If you still need additional help, see if you qualify for other payment assistance programs. Help is available for everyone, including both low- or moderate-income households.
Learn about some of these programs below:
Equal Payment Plan
Get a predictable monthly energy bill with PSE&G Equal Payment Plan. This plan is free to all PSE&G customers. Your account must be current to be eligible for this program.
How it works:
PSE&G divides your previous year's energy usage into 12 equal monthly payments, so you can pay the same amount each month. We'll review your account every six months. If your usage changes, we'll modify your payment amount up or down.
We'll continue to read your meter every month. Annually, you'll be billed for your regular payment amount, plus any balance due as the result of increased energy usage, or minus any credits due to energy savings. This is called the balancing month.
You'll still be able to track your energy usage by looking at the PSE&G Equal Payment Plan section on your bill.
Sign up online to enroll.
Home Energy Conservation and Weatherization Programs
New Jersey Comfort Partners is an energy-saving and education program sponsored by New Jersey Board of Public Utilities’ NJ Clean Energy Program.
Comfort Partners helps qualified customers save money by conducting home energy audits and then installing energy-saving measures, such as pipe or attic insulation. Participants may also receive updated appliances, including refrigerators or heating and cooling equipment.
The State of New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) also assists low-income residents with installation of home efficiency measures to help reduce energy bills.
After receiving an energy audit, eligible homeowners or renters may receive one or more of the following:
- Caulking and weather stripping
- Compact fluorescent lighting
- Refrigerator replacement
- Heating system repair, retrofit, or replacement
- Hot water heater repair or replacement
- Window and/or door repair or replacement
Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA)
If you’re behind on your bill but can’t make up the past-due balance all at once, a Deferred Payment Arrangement, or DPA, may be able to help you catch up. You can pay your past due balance over an agreed upon period of time. To make a Deferred Payment Arrangement, log in to My Account.
In order to assist our customers during this difficult time, you can make a DPA with little to no money down regardless of past payment history. Also, we have extended the length of time allowable for repayment. During the period of your DPA, each month you’ll continue to pay your regular monthly bill, plus the DPA amount toward your past-due balance. To take advantage of these extended DPA’s please call 1-800-357-2262.