PSE&G Energy Saver Program
Affordable, energy-saving solutions to help lower your energy costs!
The PSE&G Energy Saver Program could help cut your energy costs by up to 30 percent! The program provides a FREE on-site energy audit and pays for 70 percent of the recommended energy conservation measures.
How The Program Works
PSE&G will provide a free on-site energy audit, recommend energy efficiency upgrades and provide a detailed cost estimate. PSE&G pays for 100% of the upfront costs and the work is done by a PSE&G authorized contractor. When the work is complete, customers repay only 30% of the total, interest free, over 36 months on their PSE&G bill (or in one lump sum payment if they prefer).
Eligible Energy Efficient Equipment upgrades can include:
- Lighting retrofits including sensors and controls
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Commercial refrigeration
- Applicants must receive natural gas and/or electricity from PSE&G and have peak demands of 200 kW or less.
- Applicants must have an acceptable PSE&G bill payment record.
- Eligible facilities include municipal, local and state government offices, courtrooms, town halls, police and fire stations, sanitation department buildings, transportation department structures, regional authorities, community centers and all nonprofit facilities that meet the requirements of Section 501(c)(3) or Section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code. County or regionally structured bodies, such as regional utility authorities (waste/sewer) also are included.
- PSE&G small business customers must be located in an Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) to participate. To determine if your small business is located in a UEZ, visit the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) website at nj.gov/njbusiness/financing/uez. Click on the link “27 designated zones.”
PSE&G’s Energy Saver Program has already helped more than 1,500 government agencies, community service organizations, non-profits and small businesses save energy and money!
Frequently Asked Questions
Your energy audit and energy efficiency upgrades will be completed by skilled, experienced technicians selected by PSE&G specifically for this program. You (and your landlord if you lease your facility) will be asked to sign a form authorizing PSE&G to perform the audit and energy efficiency upgrades.
The energy audit and report are free of charge. The cost for the installation of the energy efficiency measures depends on the measures recommended by your energy audit and the cost of those measures. You will only be required to repay 30% of the cost of the installed measures.
Your monthly PSE&G bill will include a fixed monthly charge to cover your portion of the cost of the energy efficiency measures.
No. Only energy efficiency upgrades recommended by your energy audit are eligible.
PSE&G shall consider all information furnished by Customer to be confidential and shall not disclose any such information to any other person, or use such information itself for any purpose other than in connection with the Energy Saver Program without the customer’s prior written consent. Upon completion of the program, PSE&G may be required to prepare a program evaluation report and submit it to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (the “NJ BPU”). The evaluation report may among other participant information identify the program participants by name and project address, identify the measures implemented and the energy and cost savings achieved by each program participant.