Awards & Recognition
- PSE&G recognized by PA Consulting as the recipient of the 2023 ReliabilityOne® Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Metropolitan Service Area for the 22nd consecutive year. In addition, PSE&G also earned the 2023 ReliabilityOne Outstanding Customer Engagement Award for having the best overall customer approach and ongoing strategy to seek innovative methods of involving and proactively engaging customers as it relates to outage reporting and restoration communications.
- PSEG included on Forbes’ list of the Best Employers for Diversity 2023. Forbes’ prestigious award is presented by Forbes and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider.
- PSEG included on U.S. News’ Inaugural 2023-2024 Best Companies to Work For. U.S. News’ Best Companies to Work For provides a look at the 200 best publicly-traded companies across sectors and industries to help employees and job seekers make decisions about workplaces that may be a good fit for them.
- PSE&G is recognized by SEPA and included in the 2030 Club. SEPA's 2030 Club is an initiative that celebrates electric utilities that have voluntarily established aggressive carbon reduction and clean energy targets.
- PSEG recognized as one of the 2023 Best Places to Work for People with Disabilities on the Disability Equality Index (DEI).
- PSE&G’s Renewables and Energy Solutions (RES) group honored with a 2023 Gold Award for Excellence in Program Marketing from Chartwell for its “Welcome to the Saverhood” campaign, which was created to raise awareness for PSE&G’s energy efficiency programs. This award celebrates outstanding achievement in initiatives aimed at improving customer experience, communications and awareness in the electric, gas, and water utility industry.
- For the second consecutive year, PSE&G received the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award in the Energy Efficiency Program Delivery category from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy.
- PSE&G received inaugural 2022 Connect the Watts™ National EV Charging Hero Award – from EVgo Inc. (EVgo) as part of their National EV Charging recognition program.
- PSEG named one of America’s Most JUST Companies and included in the 2023 JUST 100 list. PSEG was recognized for its commitment to serving its customers, workforce, communities, the environment and shareholders.
- PSE&G received the 2022 Drive Electric Award – Utility Award from Plug In America for its Clean Energy Future - Electric Vehicle Program. PSE&G received this national honor for its leadership in support of advancing EV infrastructure in the state. PSE&G has committed to make using an EV in New Jersey more affordable and convenient.
- PSE&G ranked first in the East among large utilities for both gas and electric utility residential customer satisfaction studies according to the J.D. Power 2022 studies.
- PSE&G recognized by PA Consulting as the recipient of the 2022 ReliabilityOne® Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Metropolitan Service Area.
- AGA honored PSE&G with three distinguished awards including: the 2022 Leading Indicator Safety Award, “in recognition of its proactive commitment to enhancing safety;” the 2021 Industry Leader Accident Prevention Award; and, its first AGA Diamond Award of Merit.
- The Edison Electric Institute named Public Service Electric & Gas the recipient of the 2022 Edison Award, the electric utility industry's highest honor, in recognition of its industry-leading efforts to protect New Jersey communities and customers from extreme weather conditions.
- PSE&G received a national energy equity award from the Smart Energy Consumer Collaborative (SECC) for its Clean Energy Jobs Program, an initiative designed to place up to 2,000 people from underrepresented communities into well-paying jobs supporting New Jersey's clean energy goals. The award recognizes the work PSE&G is doing to meet the growing need for skilled workers in New Jersey's energy efficiency industry.
- 3BL Media named PSEG to its annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking, ranking number one in the utility industry and eighth overall. The 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking recognizes outstanding environmental, social and governance (ESG) transparency and performance among the 1,000 largest U.S. public companies.
- PSE&G received the 2022 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award in the Energy Efficiency Program Delivery category.
- PSE&G Marketplace retail site – part of the utility’s energy efficiency program – was recognized by CS Week for excellent customer service.
- PSE&G received the 2021 Star of Energy Efficiency national award for the landmark Clean Energy Future-Energy Efficiency initiative. The Alliance to Save Energy noted PSE&G is leading New Jersey toward a cleaner, more sustainable future.
- PSE&G named a 2021 Customer Champion, by residential and business customers, based on a nationwide study of electric and natural gas customers by Escalent. Escalent’s survey revealed support of environmental, social and governance (ESG) efforts played a critical factor in improving the engaged customer relationship (ECR) rating. In addition, PSE&G also scored highest in brand trust among utilities in the Combination East segment by residential customers.
- PSE&G, New Jersey’s largest utility, was recognized by PA Consulting as the recipient of the 2021 ReliabilityOne® Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Metropolitan Service Area; Honor marks 20th year.
- PSEG named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies 2022 by Newsweek. PSEG is the leading utility, ranked second-highest in the energy & utilities industry and No. 59 among all U.S. companies.
- PSE&G recognized by PA Consulting as the recipient of the 2020 Outstanding Customer Engagement Award. PSE&G also named as the recipient of the ReliabilityOne® Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Metropolitan Service Area for 19th year in a row.
- Public Service Electric and Gas ranked first among the combined gas and electric utilities surveyed in the East Region Utilities Brand Trust Performance by Cogent Syndicated Brand Trust Index.
- PSE&G has been recognized by PA Consulting as the recipient of the 2019 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Region for the 18th consecutive year. ReliabilityOne™ Awards are given annually to the utilities that have achieved outstanding reliability performance and have excelled in delivering the most reliable electric service to their customers.
- PSE&G’s Alexa Skill Team recognized as a Top Innovator by Public Utilities Fortnightly magazine in customer service category for developing “a comprehensive and easy-to-use real-time customer service interface for those customers with Alexa.” PSE&G is the first utility to offer customers full payment, outage and appliance service appointment capabilities through a voice channel such as Amazon Alexa.
- PSE&G’s Gas System Modernization Program named the 2019 Project of the Year by the Project Management Institute - New Jersey Chapter. The program was recognized for its complexity and use of excellent project management standards.
- PSE&G was named to CIO Magazine’s CIO 100 list for 2019 in recognition of innovative use of technology to improve customer service. The company was honored for its release of an Amazon Alexa customer service app, or “skill,” that allows customers to ask billing questions, make payments, and get tips for reducing their energy usage and lowering their bills.
- PSE&G received an Innovation Award from Smart Energy Decisions for the company’s energy efficiency work at New Jersey hospitals. The Innovation Award recognizes the individual and collective efforts of large electric power users, their suppliers, and their utilities in support of the energy transformation currently taking place. The PSE&G Hospital Efficiency Program won in the utility partnership category for energy efficiency incentive programs.
- PSE&G has been recognized by PA Consulting as the recipient of the 2018 Outstanding Customer Reliability Experience Award. PSE&G also received the ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Region for the 17th consecutive year.
- PSE&G becomes the first public utility in the United States to obtain SAFETY Act liability protections from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the deployment of physical security measures that are designed to detect, deter and recover from acts of terrorism.
- PSE&G named a 2018 Most Trusted Brand by business customers and 2018 Customer Champion among residential customers by Cogent Reports, the syndicated division of Market Strategies International.
- PSE&G recognized as a Top 10 Utility in the U.S. for overall customer value and reliability by the Wired Group, which produces the Customer Value Ranking™.
- PSE&G’s $1.2 billion Bergen-Linden Corridor (BLC) project was among major infrastructure projects honored by the New Jersey Alliance for Action.
- PSE&G was awarded POWERGRID International and DistribuTECH Grid Optimization Project of the Year for its Energy Strong Advanced Technologies Program.
- PSE&G recognized by Edison Electric Institute with the “Emergency Assistance Award” for outstanding work assisting customers impacted by Hurricane Irma.
- PSE&G was recognized as the most reliable utility in the Mid-Atlantic region for the 16th year in a row by PA Consulting, a national industry benchmarking group.
- PSE&G was named 2017 Investor Owned Utility of the Year for its efforts that add solar power to New Jersey’s energy mix. PSE&G was recognized for building solar farms on landfills and brownfields through its Solar 4 All® program.
- PSE&G was named a "Most Admired Company," ranking 8th among electric and gas companies in the United States by Fortune Magazine.
Named to the Just 100 list for creating jobs, following ethical business practices, offering excellent employee benefits, and demonstrating commitment to the communities we serve.
G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs, and Military Spouse Magazines/Victory Media
Recognized for our commitment to offering meaningful jobs to service members and veterans.
Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
Recognized for the 9th consecutive year as a forward-thinking company based on strategies for dealing with future opportunities and risks from economic, environmental and social developments.
Electric Light & Power
Named Utility of the Year.
Recognized as most reliable utility in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Recognized as ranking highest in customer satisfaction for natural gas services and large-business electric services.
Named one of America's best employers.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Named ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year - Sustained Excllence Award.
Solar Electric Power Association
Listed in the top 10 for solar capacity for the seventh consecutive year.