PSE&G Storm Update – August 8 – 4:45 PM
- As of 4:45 p.m., PSE&G has restored service to about 558,400, or 97%, of the 575,000 customers affected by Tropical Storm Isaias. Our top priority is restoring the approximately 16,600 customers still without power.
- “We have made great progress in restoring customers, and understand that is of little comfort to those still without air conditioning, lights and charged cell phones,” said PSE&G COO Kim Hanemann. “Our entire team is committed to working around the clock until every customer gets their power back.”
- New Jersey experienced additional storms on Thursday and Friday that resulted in additional outages and we have since restored tens of thousands of customers from those storms.
- The outage map reflects all customers currently without service, including those related to Isaias, the later storms and other causes.
Important Customer Safety Notes
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed lines and immediately call PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) or 911 to report downed wires.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- If you are on life-sustaining medical equipment, ensure that you alert PSE&G in advance and notify your local police and fire departments. For more information, visit www.pseg.com/life.