PSE&G is Prepared for Remnants of Tropical Storm Nicole
PSE&G is committed to working safely to restore potential power outages and providing excellent service
(NEWARK, N.J. – November 10, 2022) PSE&G is ready for the remnants of Tropical Storm Nicole, forecast to bring rain and potentially strong winds to the service area. Throughout this week, employees have been performing system checks and prepping for potential outages.
“Forecasts predict Nicole weakening substantially before moving to our area yet we’re closely monitoring the weather, particularly for southern New Jersey,” said Jack Bridges, vice president, Electric Operations. “We are staffed and ready to respond to issues as they arise. We encourage PSE&G customers to prepare for the storm as well.”
PSE&G has additional personnel ready to respond, and is performing system and logistics checks to ensure the availability of critical materials, fuel and other supplies. PSE&G prepares year-round for extreme weather to maintain reliable service for our customers. Ten years after Superstorm Sandy raged across the East Coast, PSE&G continues to work to protect customers’ utility service from the damaging impact of extreme weather by strengthening and upgrading its infrastructure.
Customers should prepare, be cautious and stay alert to their surroundings during and after storms. Review storm preparation tips at https://nj.pseg.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety and flood safety tips at https://nj.pseg.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety/floodsafety.
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed lines, and don’t go near the pole or anything touching the line. Immediately contact PSE&G, at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) via mobile app or our website, to report downed wires and dial 911 if an immediate hazard exists.
- Electric current passes easily through water, so stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Don't drive over – and don't stand near – downed power lines.
- Downed lines can potentially be hidden in standing water. If you encounter large pools of standing water, stop, back up and choose another path.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- If you are on life-sustaining medical equipment, ensure that you alert PSE&G in advance and notify your local police and fire departments. For more information, visit www.pseg.com/life.
- Download the PSE&G mobile app to report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- Register for MyAlerts to receive text notifications at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- Report an outage and receive status updates by texting OUT to 4PSEG (47734). You can also report your outage through our app, website at pseg.com/myaccount or with your voice using the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistanti app on your smartphone.
- Follow PSE&G on PSEG on Facebook and Twitter @PSEGdelivers for updates before, during and after the storm.
- Visit PSE&G’s Outage Map for the latest in outage info, restoration times and crew locations across New Jersey at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- To report an outage by phone, call PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) or use our web chat feature at pseg.com/myaccount.
PSE&GPublic Service Electric & Gas Co. is New Jersey’s oldest and largest gas and electric delivery public utility, serving three-quarters of the state’s population, as well as one of the nation’s largest utilities. PSE&G has won the ReliabilityOne Award for superior electric system reliability in the Mid-Atlantic region for 20 consecutive years. PSE&G received the 2022 ENERGY STAR® “Partner of the Year” award in the Energy Efficiency Program Delivery category, and is a 2021 Customer Champion and Most Trusted Brand as named by Escalent. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc., (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a predominantly regulated infrastructure company focused on a clean energy future and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for 14 consecutive years (www.pseg.com).
i Amazon, Alexa is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates and Google Assistant is a trademark of Google LLC.