Prepared for Snow, Sleet
PSE&G is committed to working safely to restore any potential power outages and provide excellent service
(NEWARK, N.J. – February 17, 2021) Public Service Electric & Gas, is prepared for the heavy snow and sleet expected throughout our service territory tomorrow through Friday. These conditions may cause tree limbs to break and pull down wires, causing outages.
“While winter storm events are always challenging, we are prepared to respond safely and as quickly as possible to restore power,” said Jack Bridges, PSE&G’s vice president for Electric Operations. “We encourage our customers to prepare for the forecast storm and contact us immediately if they experience power outages. We thank customers in advance for their patience.”
PSE&G has additional personnel ready to respond, and is performing system and logistics checks to ensure the availability of critical materials, fuel and other supplies.
COVID-19-related storm processes have been adjusted to continue to keep the health and safety of employees and customers at the forefront, even during these unusual times.
The safety of PSE&G’s customers and employees is the company’s top priority. We ask that customers remain in their homes while crews are working nearby. If customers must speak with our crews, we ask that they practice responsible physical distancing, and remain at least 6 feet away to ensure the health of everyone involved. For more information about how PSE&G continues to live up to its commitments during the pandemic, please visit nj.pseg.com/safetyandreliability/safetytips/coronavirus. PSE&G thanks our customers for their patience as we operate under these unusual circumstances to safely restore power as quickly as possible.
Customers should prepare, be cautious and stay alert to their surroundings during and after storms. Review storm preparation tips at nj.pseg.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety.
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed power lines, and immediately call 911 to report downed wires or call PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734).
- Electric current passes easily through water, so stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Don't drive over – and don't stand near – downed power lines.
- Downed lines will be hard to see in the snow and can potentially be hidden in standing water. If you encounter large pools of slush or standing water, stop, back up and choose another path.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- If you are on life-sustaining medical equipment, ensure that you alert PSE&G in advance and notify your local police and fire departments. For more information, visit www.pseg.com/life.
- If you experience “no heat” or are having trouble with your heating appliance, please make an appointment by calling 1-800-350-PSEG (7734) or schedule online at nj.myaccount.pseg.com.
- Download the PSE&G mobile app to report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- Register for MyAlerts to receive text notifications at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- Report an outage and receive status updates by texting OUT to 4PSEG (47734). You can also report your outage through our app, website at pseg.com/myaccount or with your voice using the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant app on your smartphone.
- Follow PSE&G on PSEG on Facebook and Twitter @PSEGdelivers to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm.
- Visit PSE&G’s Outage Map for the latest in outage info, restoration times and crew locations across New Jersey at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- To report an outage by phone, call PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) or use our web chat feature at pseg.com/myaccount.
Public Service Electric & Gas Co. (PSE&G) is New Jersey’s oldest and largest gas and electric delivery public utility, serving three-quarters of the state’s population. PSE&G is the winner of the ReliabilityOne Award for superior electric system reliability in the Mid-Atlantic region. In 2020, PSE&G was named the most trusted combined gas & electric utility in the East Region, by the Cogent Syndicated Brand Trust Index. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a diversified energy company. PSEG has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for 13 consecutive years (www.pseg.com).