PSEG Named One of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
PSEG Continues to be Recognized for ESG Leadership, Commitment to Workforce Equity, Diversity
(NEWARK, N.J. – Feb. 15, 2022) Forbes has named PSEG one of America’s Best Large Employers for 2022. To assemble this year’s ranking, Forbes and market research firm Statista surveyed 60,000 Americans working for businesses of 1,000+ employees on their willingness to recommend their own employers to friends and family, and to nominate employers other than their own.
Since the start of 2022, PSEG has been recognized by several prestigious organizations for its ongoing support and commitment to its workforce, customers and communities. In January, PSEG was included in The JUST 100 and the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, and named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies for 2022. These recognitions exemplify PSEG’s dedication to and strength in the principles of environmental stewardship, social responsibility and ethical governance (ESG).
“These honors present an inspiring portrait of PSEG and acknowledge our longtime conviction that the most sustainable companies are those that are able to do business in a way that also does good for the world around us,” PSEG Chairman, President and CEO Ralph Izzo said. “More importantly, this recognition illustrates the dedication of our thousands of employees who are highly empowered and accountable each day while they look out for one another and strive to be a positive force in the many diverse and remarkable communities we serve.”
For a snapshot of recent awards and honors:
- America’s Most Responsible Companies, 2022: PSEG was ranked No. 59 of the nation’s 499 largest corporations by Newsweek, which based its rankings on publicly available performance data in the environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) categories, as well as public surveys;
- The JUST 100: PSEG was named one of America’s Most JUST Companies by JUST Capital and CNBC for our commitment to customers, workforce, communities, the environment and shareholders, with a focus on issues such as accountability, worker health and safety, benefits and work-life balance, a diverse and inclusive workplace and sustainable products; and
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index: PSEG is one of 418 companies to be included in this index for public companies committed to transparency in gender data reporting, measuring such areas as the company’s female leadership and talent pipeline, equal pay and gender pay parity policies, inclusive culture, anti-sexual harassment policies, and our pro-women brand.
“Taken together, these awards are a reflection of PSEG’s efforts to provide a public service – not only our core business of providing essential access to safe, clean, reliable and affordable energy – but also to benefit our customers, our communities, our workforce and all stakeholders,” Izzo said. “I’m proud of PSEG’s ongoing commitment to its employees and to ESG, and I’m grateful to these organizations that have chosen to recognize our efforts.”
In November and December 2021, PSEG received additional honors that reflect its dedication to its customers, its workforce and the principles of ESG, such as:
- Top 250 Best-Managed Companies in America, by the Wall Street Journal
- 2021 Customer Champion, by Escalent
- ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Metropolitan Service Area Reliability Performance in the Mid-Atlantic Region, 20th consecutive year, by PA Consulting
- Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index, 14th consecutive year
- Best Employers for Veterans, by Forbes
PSEG is committed to transparency and reporting. Data and details on PSEG’s policies that support climate, sustainability, DEI and gender equality can be found in our 2021 Sustainability and Climate Report and our 2021 DEI report.
Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE: PEG) is a publicly traded diversified energy company with approximately 13,000 employees. Headquartered in Newark, N.J., PSEG's principal operating subsidiaries are: Public Service Electric and Gas Co. (PSE&G), PSEG Power and PSEG Long Island. PSEG is a Fortune 500 company included in the S&P 500 Index and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for 14 consecutive years (https://corporate.pseg.com).