If You're Past Due On Your Bill

Know Your Options

If you're late on your PSE&G payments, help may be available.

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program ends July 31, 2020, however you may still be eligible to get help for your past due utility bills through the PAGE program. PAGE stands for Payment Assistance for Gas and Electric. During the months of August and September only, the minimum income guideline to apply for the PAGE program are lower than any other month during the year. If you applied in the past and were found to be under income, you can submit another application during this time. 

Annual income per client/household size during AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER 2020 ONLY (when LIHEAP is NOT available for enrollment)

Household Size 1 Person 2 Person 3 Person 4 Person 5 Person 6 Person 7 Person 8 Person 9 Person
Minimum Annual Income $23,124 $31,296 $39,480 $47,652 $55,836 $64,008 $72,192 $80,364 $88,536
Maximum Annual Income $61,588 $80,540 $99,490 $118,440 $137,390 $156,340 $159,894 $163,448 $167,000


If you're currently past-due on your energy bill payments, you may qualify for help from the State of New Jersey or through private agency programs.

Payment Assistance Gas and Electric (PAGE)

PAGE is funded by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities through the Affordable Housing Alliance (AHA).

PAGE provides annual assistance to moderate-income households that need help paying their energy bills. You may be eligible to receive a grant for up to $750 per utility (for a total of up to $1,500) within a 12-month period. The total awarded will depend on the balance owed.

Applications are available all year.

Apply Online


Apply through a local agency. Call AHA at 732-982-8710 to find the nearest location.

Learn more and view eligibility requirements on NJ Power On, or call 855-465-8783 or 732-982-8710.


New Jersey SHARES, Inc. has funds available for PSE&G customers who are behind on their utility bills. Funds must be used for the continuance or restoration of power.

This program provides energy assistance to moderate-income households that do not qualify for federal or state energy programs such as LIHEAP and/or USF. Eligibility is determined by income and household size.

Applications are available all year.

Apply Online


Fill out an electronic application with the assistance of a local community-based organization near you.

To learn more and view eligibility requirements, visit NJ SHARES or call 1-866-NJSHARES (1-866-657-4273)

NJ 2-1-1 Partnership

If you continue to need utility assistance, please contact 2-1-1 or click nj211.org.