Site Visit Preparation Checklist
Be Ready for Your Site Visit
Consult our checklist to help ensure that your site is ready for electric and gas service installation.
Do You Have the Right Approvals?
Your cooperation and site readiness is important to complete your installation quickly and efficiently. Please use the list below to prepare for your site visit.
The purpose of this visit is to assess your location for service installation readiness. Once we have approved your site for service, installation will take place within one to three weeks, depending on weather conditions and PSEG's work load.
After you have had your site inspected by PSEG and secured your town approvals and inspections, contact us to arrange for service installation.
If your site is not approved for service installation, you'll need to schedule a second site visit.
Site Readiness Requirements Checklist
- Areas of installation should be clear of obstructions and construction debris.
- Site must be within 6" of final grade if underground electric or gas lines will be installed.
- All curbs must be installed prior to PSE&G installing any facilities.
- You or your installer MUST be on the job site when the field visit is scheduled.
- You or your installer will need to supply information about all known underground obstacles, such as wells, septic fields, sprinkler systems, decorative lighting fixtures, wiring, etc. This information will be required to complete the field visit.
- For single-home new construction: the foundation must be installed prior to the initial field visit; the site must be within 6” of final grade; sewer, septic, and water service should be installed, connected, and located prior to the PSE&G site visit for gas line layout.
- For residential development new construction: be prepared to discuss the service installation details for each type or model of home.
Call our Construction Inquiry Department.
For Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, and Union Counties, call 1-800-722-0256.
For Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, and Ocean Counties, call 1-800-832-0076.