Site Visit Preparation Checklist
Be Ready for Your Site Visit
Consult our checklist to help ensure that your site is ready for electric and gas service installation.
Site Readiness Requirements Checklist
- Areas of installation should be clear of obstructions and construction debris.
- Site must be within 6" of final grade if underground electric or gas lines will be installed.
- All curbs must be installed prior to PSE&G installing any facilities.
- You or your installer MUST be on the job site when the field visit is scheduled.
- You or your installer will need to supply information about all known underground obstacles, such as wells, septic fields, sprinkler systems, decorative lighting fixtures, wiring, etc. This information will be required to complete the field visit.
- For single-home new construction: the foundation must be installed prior to the initial field visit; the site must be within 6” of final grade; sewer, septic, and water service should be installed, connected, and located prior to the PSE&G site visit for gas line layout.
- For residential development new construction: be prepared to discuss the service installation details for each type or model of home.
Call our Construction Inquiry Department.
For Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, and Union Counties, call 1-800-722-0256.
For Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, and Ocean Counties, call 1-800-832-0076.