Upgrades and New Installations

Planning a Construction Project?

Learn how to apply for new gas or electric service, or how to make changes in existing service.

It is the responsibility of the customer to consult with a PSE&G representative in advance of installation (preferably at the planning stage) to determine the type of service to be supplied and to review the requirements specific to each customer's particular installation. Compliance with these requirements should help to eliminate delays in obtaining electric service and allow PSE&G to safely deliver its customer's energy needs in a timely manner. 

Establish new electric or gas service or upgrade existing service by following these three steps:

  1. Fill out the appropriate application and find out what should happen before and after you apply (the information below provides more detail on this step).
  2. Schedule a mandatory local inspection to receive your Certificate of Approval (or cut-in card) prior to our scheduled service date.
  3. Prepare your site for installation.


Residential Service

Initiate new electric and/or gas service, or make changes to service for single-family or multi-family buildings (up to three residential units).

Apply Now >
Resume Applying >
Check Status >

Commercial Service

Download the Commercial Service Application for:

New Electric >
Existing Electric >
New Gas >
Existing Gas >

The Process

Frequently Asked Questions

Movie Production Studio Information

If you are a movie production studio in need of PSE&G’s assistance to redcap or disconnect service for street lights, you are required to fill out the Film Industry/Movie Production Studio Information for Street Lights application for each set location. In addition to the completed applications, the production company must provide:

  • Scheduled service outages.
  • Proof of insurance.
  • Letter of authorization from municipality.
  • Customer to be billed.
  • Letter holding PSE&G harmless during the filming.
  • PSE&G must be notified at least 30 (thirty) days prior to the street light disconnect date.
  • PSE&G requires the pole numbers of the lights that the customer wants disconnected/reconnected for the movie shoot.  If pole numbers are not available, the nearest address will be helpful.
  • PSE&G must research who is paying for the lights and then forward the information to the customer so the customer can provide a letter from the billing parties authorizing the disconnects/reconnects.
  • PSE&G also needs to schedule lamp inspectors to be onsite to perform the work, calculate the costs and create an invoice.
  • PSE&G will schedule the work after the payment is received.