PSE&G Storm Update — Sunday Aug 22, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
- We continue to see heavy rain and localized flooding in parts of our service territory, and this will continue to be a concern across New Jersey through Monday, especially as flood-prone rivers approach their crests.
- If you are in an area where flooding is possible, please familiarize yourself with the very important gas, electric and general safety information accessible here.
- These conditions also present the risk that trees with compromised root systems could fall, bringing wires down with them and creating power outages.
- Public Service Electric & Gas, New Jersey’s largest utility, has crews ready to respond to service interruptions should they occur. PSE&G prepares year-round for extreme weather to maintain reliable service for our customers.
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed lines, and don’t go near the pole or anything touching the line. Immediately contact PSE&G, at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) via mobile app or our website, to report downed wires and dial 911 if an immediate hazard exists.
- Electric current passes easily through water, so stay away from downed power lines and electrical wires. Don't drive over – and don't stand near – downed power lines.
- Downed lines can potentially be hidden in standing water. If you encounter large pools of standing water, stop, back up and choose another path.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- If you are on life-sustaining medical equipment, ensure that you alert PSE&G in advance and notify your local police and fire departments. For more information, visit www.pseg.com/life.
- If you are in an area where flooding is possible, be sure to know what to do if you find yourself in a flood situation: https://nj.pseg.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety/floodsafety
- COVID-19-related storm processes have been adjusted to continue to keep the health and safety of employees and customers at the forefront, even during these unusual times.
- As part of our physical distancing protocols, we ask that customers remain in their homes when crews are working nearby. If customers must speak with our crews, we ask that they practice responsible physical distancing and remain at least 6 feet away to ensure the health of everyone involved.
- Download the PSE&G mobile app to report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- Register for MyAlerts to receive text notifications at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- Report an outage and receive status updates by texting OUT to 4PSEG (47734). You can also report your outage through our app, website at pseg.com/myaccount or with your voice using the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant i app on your smartphone.
- Follow PSE&G on PSEG on Facebook and Twitter @PSEGdelivers to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm.
- Visit PSE&G’s Outage Map for the latest in outage info, restoration times and crew locations across New Jersey at pseg.com/outagecenter.
- To report an outage by phone, call PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) or use our web chat feature at pseg.com/myaccount.