PSE&G Storm Update – August 9 – 9:00 AM
- As of 9 a.m. PSE&G has restored service to about 569,000, or 99%, of the 575,000 customers affected by Tropical Storm Isaias. Our top priority is restoring the approximately 5,000 customers still without power. Bergen and Essex counties currently have the most outages.
- We have made great progress in restoring customers, and understand that is of little comfort to those still without air conditioning, lights and charged cell phones,” said PSE&G COO Kim Hanemann. “Our entire team is committed to working around the clock until every customer gets their power back.”
- New Jersey experienced additional storms on Thursday and Friday that resulted in additional outages and we have since restored tens of thousands of customers from those storms. The outage map reflects all customers currently without service, including those related to Isaias, the later storms and other causes.
- Crews continue to work to restore remaining customers’ power. Today’s work focuses on nested outages and backyard restoration. More about nested outages and backyard restoration: https://energizepseg.com/2020/08/04/know-what-to-expect-if-you-lose-power/
Important Customer Safety Notes
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Stay at least 30 feet away from downed lines and immediately call PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) or 911 to report downed wires.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.
- If you are on life-sustaining medical equipment, ensure that you alert PSE&G in advance and notify your local police and fire departments. For more information, visit www.pseg.com/life.