Solar Loan Program Requirements for Businesses
Does Your Company Qualify?
To qualify for a PSE&G Solar Loan for Businesses, commercial projects must meet the following criteria:
- Projects must be located in PSE&G’s electric service territory, interconnected to the PSE&G distribution system (except landfill/brownfield segment) and be eligible for net metering. It is important to note that PSE&G may deny applications for interconnection to the PSE&G distribution system for reasons permitted/outlined in the New Jersey Administrative Code. If you would like more information about interconnecting to the electric distribution system in New Jersey, you can refer to the New Jersey Administrative Code – Title 14. Chapter 8. Sub Chapter 5 - INTERCONNECTION OF CLASS I RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS.
- Must be a photovoltaic solar project.
- Projects must be eligible to generate Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and are required to provide a compliant New Jersey certification letter in advance of loan closing.
- All participants must make provisions to maintain the system for the duration of the loan term.
- Any participant whose application is not complete or has not provided the required fees will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Photovoltaic refers to the process of turning sunlight into energy.
Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) are credits earned from producing clean energy. In New Jersey, these credits are issued as tradable certificates.
Learn more here.
Learn how to apply for the PSE&G Solar Loan Program for Businesses here.
Yes. Please see our residential page.