How to Apply
Knowing how the application process works can help increase your chances of being accepted as a PSE&G Solar Loan participant.
The instructions below are for qualified PSE&G small and large non-residential customers, or solar developers interested in owning a solar energy system hosted by a PSE&G non-residential customer.
IMPORTANT: what you need to know before applying
Please review the following information in detail before proceeding to the application web portal link, which will be activated at the start of each solicitation. (View the current Solicitation Schedule.)
PSE&G has also provided a Tutorial in order to make data entry into the application web portal as seamless as possible. We highly recommend that you review this document before proceeding.
Net-metered solar projects up to 2MW (dc) may apply.
In advance of proceeding to the PSE&G application web portal, you should be prepared with:
- The PSE&G electrical account number (for the host property)
- 3 years of company financial statements (for the applicant and prospective loan borrower)
- Block and lot numbers of the proposed solar facility
- Engineering design layout (information typically provided by solar installer)
- Electrical one-line diagram (information typically provided by solar installer)
- PVWatts sheets for each sub-array and applicable derate sheets (version 1 only; information typically provided by solar installer)
- Completed Interconnection Application Form (information typically provided by solar installer)
- Solar system design specifications (module and inverter; information typically provided by solar installer)
- Manufacturer’s warranty documents (module and inverter; information typically provided by solar installer)
- Cost of solar system (various categories as required within the application; information typically provided by solar installer)
Commercial applicants must certify that they have site control, either as the owner of the property or with permission from the owner. The applicant must provide documentation confirming that they have site control through:
- Direct ownership of the site (as certified on the application web portal); or
- A signed site lease agreement or an option with the owner of the property for the purpose of installing a solar project (and uploaded to the application web portal); or
- A signed certification letter from the owner of the property as available on the PSE&G website
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an e-mail from PSE&G with the required payments and mailing instructions. Your application may be rejected if your payments are not received prior to the stated deadline.
Once you have been conditionally accepted into the Solar Loan Program for Businesses, we will evaluate your project from a credit perspective. Find out more about our Applicant Credit Review process and requirements.
Solar Loan Application Fee:
This fee is $20.00 per kilowatt (dc) with a maximum of $7,500. Please include the coupons provided with your check in order to receive proper credit for your payment. Please make your check is payable to PSE&G and mail it to the Newark, NJ address listed within the coupon.
Interconnection Application Fee:
This fee is $50.00 plus $1.00 for each kilowatt (dc) if the capacity of your solar system is greater than 10.00 kilowatts (dc). Please include the coupon provided with your check in order to receive proper credit for your payment. Please also make your check payable to PSE&G and mail it to the South Plainfield, NJ address listed within the coupon. If the capacity of your system is less than 10 kilowatts (dc), there is no interconnection application fee due at this time.