PSE&G Helps Customers Make the Most Out of National Cut Your Energy Costs Day
Being energy efficient is one of the easiest and most beneficial resolutions customers can make for 2023
(NEWARK, N.J. – January 6, 2023) — In recognition of National Cut Your Energy Costs Day – Jan. 10 – PSE&G is helping customers continue to reduce energy use, minimize their carbon footprint and save on energy bills in the new year and beyond.
National Cut Your Energy Costs Day encourages consumers to explore energy-saving opportunities. PSE&G provides several energy efficiency cost-saving programs and products to both residential and business customers throughout the state of New Jersey. PSE&G’s home energy assessment program provides residential customers the opportunity to complete an energy assessment to learn how their household uses energy and receive personalized recommendations to make their home more energy efficient. Customers can also resolve to save energy this year by investing in energy-efficient appliances and energy-efficient products such as smart thermostats, lighting, power strips, water fixtures and more via the PSE&G Marketplace, where they can receive instant rebates and discounts on products that will ultimately help lower their energy use and save money.
Here are some tips that can help you save money and energy on National Cut Your Energy Costs Day—and every other day of the year:
- Invest in Your Home’s Energy Efficiency. Want to improve your home’s energy efficiency and lower your energy costs? PSE&G offers a variety of rebates and discounts to help you use less and save more. Find great deals on energy-efficient appliances and products, and take advantage of rebates on high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® models.
- Seal Up and Save. The average U.S. homeowner can save 15% on heating and cooling costs by air sealing their home, as well as adding insulation in attics, floors and over crawl spaces, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Use weather stripping or caulk to seal cracks and prevent drafts in windows and doorframes, and don’t forget to install draft guards beneath doors. Safeguard your household from the elements and learn more about PSE&G’s home weatherization program for eligible customers.
- Choose the Right PSE&G Home Assessment for Your Lifestyle. PSE&G offers a variety of energy efficiency assessments, so we encourage you to find the option that best meets your unique needs. The assessments provide energy-saving measures, products and expert guidance to residential customers.
- Replace Air Filters Regularly. Clogged and dirty filters can reduce the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems.
- Replace Incandescent Bulbs in Your Home with High-Efficiency LEDs. LEDs use 90% less energy than conventional bulbs and last at least 15 times longer. Remember to turn off lights whenever you're the last one to leave a room.
- Adjust the Thermostat. To save energy at night or when no one is home. If you have a programmable thermostat and you're not using it, now's a great time to start. Smart thermostat models include advanced features, such as remote control. For discounts on smart thermostats and other products to save energy, check out the PSE&G Marketplace for eligible customers.
In September 2020, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities approved PSE&G’s Clean Energy Future Energy Efficiency Program, clearing the way for PSE&G to commit $1 billion toward energy efficiency over three years. It is the largest commitment to energy efficiency in New Jersey history and includes 10 programs tailored to help residential and commercial customers reduce their energy use with energy-efficient equipment, technologies and strategies.
For more information on ways to save on energy costs and PSE&G’s energy efficiency programs, visit homeenergy.pseg.com.
Public Service Electric & Gas Co. is New Jersey’s oldest and largest gas and electric delivery public utility, serving three-quarters of the state’s population, as well as one of the nation’s largest utilities. PSE&G is the 2022 Edison Award recipient from the Edison Electric Institute. PSE&G has won the ReliabilityOne® Award for superior electric system reliability in the Mid-Atlantic region for 21 consecutive years. PSE&G received the 2022 ENERGY STAR® “Partner of the Year” award in the Energy Efficiency Program Delivery category, and is a 2021 Customer Champion and Most Trusted Brand as named by Escalent. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc., (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a predominantly regulated infrastructure company focused on a clean energy future and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for 15 consecutive years (www.pseg.com).