Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
A Message to Our Customers, Employees and Communities
PSEG remains deeply committed to the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities we serve. We know that our customers rely on us to heat their homes and power their lives and businesses, and we are doing our part in fulfilling this commitment.
The following are ways in which we are adjusting our operations in response to the COVID-19 situation:
- PSE&G offers support and flexibility and recognizes the financial difficulties the pandemic has caused. PSE&G wants to help customers catch up on their overdue bills. At PSE&G, we never want to shut off any customer’s utility service because of inability to pay. We want to partner with customers to keep them connected and get them back on track, together. Visit: pseg.com/HelpNow for information and resources.
- PSE&G is collaborating with multiple social service agencies, throughout the state, to bring community advocates into some of our customer service centers to personally help customers access resources to help pay their utility bill. Visit: pseg.com/HelpNow for information.
- Work on Customer Property: All service work on customer properties will be performed in accordance with safety protocols, including physical distancing and proper use of personal protective equipment. In the interest of safety for our associates and customers, we also will be gathering additional information to determine the proper protocol for serving the customer:
Question: Within the last 10 days, has anyone in the residence, location, or establishment been tested and confirmed positive, or screened by a medical professional and presumed positive, for COVID-19?
Online Tools and Resources
- Log into My Account
- Chat or email
- Register for MyAlerts for text and email updates
- Download the free PSE&G mobile app
- Submit your own meter reading via MyAccount: pseg.com/mymeterreading or our mobile app, click on the “Bill” icon to submit your reading.
- Enable our PSE&G Alexa skill and link your account
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Public Hearings: The BPU will be conducting all public hearings during this time telephonically. For the details of PSE&G’s upcoming public hearings and the Company’s rate filings visit www.pseg.com/pseandgfilings.
Additional Information For Business Customers
The COVID-19 outbreak has impacted every aspect of society, but we recognize the particular challenges for our business community. Many businesses have had to close and most are struggling with loss of income while trying to meet expenses and plan for recovery. As your trusted energy provider, we will support you throughout this crisis and beyond. Learn how!
In addition to the measures stated above, we are also:
- Practicing the CDC’s social distancing guidelines: During interactions with customers in their homes or businesses, PSE&G is practicing social distancing; and, depending on the situation, PSE&G may determine that additional personal protective equipment (PPE) protocol is warranted for the health and safety of our workers and the customers.
- Wearing face coverings: PSEG now requires the use of face coverings or masks at all times for all employees who aren’t working remotely. This move, commenced in April, does not supersede requirements for PPEs, and is in addition to earlier guidance on staying home when sick, social distancing, hand-washing and other hygiene protocols.
- Please note that during periods of high heat, (i.e., when temperatures are 85 degrees Fahrenheit or greater), employees working in non-confined or open air environments may remove face coverings as long as they are able to reasonably maintain a minimum of 12 feet of separation from other employees, customers or other members of the public.
- PSE&G has directed all employees who can work remotely to do so, including the majority of our customer service representatives. Employees can look for updates regarding this and other policies in The Link.
Our priority remains the safety and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities we serve, and our thoughts are with those experiencing difficulty at this time.
For the latest information on the COVID-19, you can follow updates from the CDC and state agencies at the following links:
- CDC COVID-19
- New Jersey Department of Health – COVID-19
- New York State Department of Health – COVID-19
- PSE&G Resuming Work While Continuing COVID-19 Safety Protocols - May 29, 2020
- PSEG Foundation Commits $2.5 Million to Support Medical, Social and Economic Needs of N.J. Communities Amid Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic - April 14, 2020
- PSEG Donates 200,000 Pairs of Gloves to State to Support Response by Healthcare/First Responders During COVID-19 Pandemic - April 8, 2020
- Scams: Another Side Effect of Coronavirus - April 8, 2020
- PSE&G Inspects Power Supply & Equipment to Bolster Reliable Service to Hospitals - April 1, 2020
- PSEG Donates 50,000 N95 Masks to Aid Response by Health Care and First Responders During COVID-19 Pandemic - March 24, 2020
- PSEG Foundation Supports The Community FoodBank of NJ’s Efforts to Reduce Food Insecurity During COVID-19 Outbreak - March 21, 2020
- PSE&G Implements Operational Updates to Continue to Safeguard Customer and Employee Health - March 17, 2020
- PSE&G Temporarily Suspends Shut-offs Due to the Coronavirus Outbreak - March 13, 2020