Coronavirus Update from PSEG
A Message to Our Customers, Employees and Communities
PSEG remains deeply committed to the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities we serve. We know that our customers rely on us to heat their homes and power their lives and businesses, and we are doing our part in fulfilling this commitment.
The following are ways in which we are adjusting our operations in response to the COVID-19 situation:
- PSE&G is temporarily closing its customer service centers. The centers will be closed as of end of business on Tuesday, March 17. Our employees are available to provide the same excellent level of customer service through alternate means. Customers can engage with us via phone, text, chat, web, our mobile app and Amazon Alexa. The customer service phone line is 800-436-7734.
- PSE&G has temporarily suspended various types of non-critical repair work on metering equipment to limit the number of service visits to customers’ homes. PSE&G will continue to respond to all emergency and essential work, such as gas leak calls, medical emergencies, no-heat and no-hot-water calls. All customer service work to be completed will be done according to safety protocols, including social distancing and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- PSE&G has suspended shut-offs of electric and/or gas service to residential customers for non-payment. This will give customers experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the outbreak additional time to pay their bills. For more information, visit pseg.com/help.
Online Tools and Resources
- Log into My Account
- Chat or email
- Register for MyAlerts for text and email updates
- Download the free PSE&G mobile app
- Enable our PSE&G Alexa skill and link your account
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
During times of hardship, financial assistance and payment programs are available to help you pay your energy bills. For more information, visit pseg.com/help.
In addition to the measures stated above, we are also:
- Practicing the CDC’s social distancing guidelines: During interactions with customers in their homes or businesses, PSE&G is practicing social distancing; and, depending on the situation, PSE&G may determine that additional personal protective equipment (PPE) protocol is warranted for the health and safety of our workers and the customers.
- PSE&G has directed all employees who can work remotely to do so, including the majority of our customer service representatives. This initiative will remain in effect for the next two weeks, at which time we will reassess and determine next steps.
The majority of these policies will be in place through the end of April, at which time PSEG will evaluate the continued need for these measures. Our priority remains the safety and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities we serve, and our thoughts are with those experiencing difficulty at this time.
For the latest information on the COVID-19, you can follow updates from the CDC and state agencies at the following links: