PSE&G Customers Can Now Ask Alexa to Pay Bills, Get Billing Information and More
First utility in NJ to offer this feature
(NEWARK, N.J. – December 20, 2018) – Alexa – Amazon’s voice-activated technology that has taken the world by storm – has come to PSE&G customers. Thanks to the new Alexa skill, customers can make payments, ask billing questions, get safety and savings tips and more – all just by using their own voice.
PSE&G is the first utility in New Jersey to offer this feature to its more than 2.5 million gas and electric customers.
To get started, customers simply need to go to their Alexa app and search for the PSE&G “skill.” Once they link their PSE&G MyAccount to Alexa, they’re ready to start managing their account using Alexa’s voice technology.
“We’re always looking for new ways to make our customer experience seamless, simple and even fun,” said PSE&G Customer Operations Vice President Greg Dunlap. “Now customers can interact easily with PSE&G in real time to get the information they need and want, simply by speaking. In the coming months, we’ll introduce even more new uses of technology to improve the customer experience.”
Among the PSE&G features currently available through Alexa:
- Get current balance
- Ask billing questions
- Get a meter reading and usage information (gas and electric)
- Make a payment
- Get safety and savings tips
PSE&G plans to add other new features, including WorryFree appliance service transactions and appointment scheduling, in future releases.
The Alexa skill is just one way that PSE&G is using technology to make it easier for customers to interact and do business with us. Here are some others:
- Redesigned public website and My Account - The newly designed public website boasts a more modern, customer-friendly design that’s easier to navigate. Fully mobile, the website is easily accessible from any smart device, tablet or desktop, and it features enhancements to My Account. Bill information is easier to retrieve, and interactive charts and graphs arm customers with a better understanding of their energy usage and costs.
- Enhanced Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system - The improved phone system easily understands a customer’s reason for calling and transfers the customer quickly to the proper self-service category or live agent.
- Text and email notifications - Customers can sign-up for MyAlerts, a free service, that allows customers to receive via text or email outage information, account balance, payment information and more.
- Outage maps – Customer can visit PSE&G’s online outage map on pseg.com to get outage information by county or municipality, as well as estimated time of restoration.
- Coming soon: My Account Mobile App and Online Chat - A new Online Chat feature will give customers the ability to chat live with a customer service representative for assistance to perform a variety of tasks such as reporting an outage, paying a bill, signing up for MyAlerts and scheduling service appointments … right from their mobile device.
For more information, visit nj.pseg.com/alexa.
Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) is New Jersey’s oldest and largest regulated gas and electric delivery utility, serving nearly three-quarters of the state’s population. PSE&G is the winner of the ReliabilityOne Award for superior electric system reliability. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a diversified energy company.