Info for Social Services Agencies, Educational, and Religious Organizations
This page contains links to conferences, workshops, brochures, flyers, and other info that may be of use to clients served by educational and religious organizations, as well as social services agencies.
- NJ Comfort Partners brochure English | Spanish
- LIHEAP/Universal Service Fund (USF) Fact Sheet
- LIHEAP/USF brochure English | Spanish
- LIHEAP/USF application
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about USF
- Payment Assistance Gas and Electric (PAGE) Application English | Spanish
- Payment Assistance Programs and LIHEAP/USF Intake Sites Handout
- Payment Assistance Outreach Brochure
- NJ Department of Community Affairs Weatherization program flyer English | Spanish
- PSE&G Energy Assistance programs flyer English | Spanish
- PSE&G Press Releases
Social Security Information
Sample Payment Assistance Outreach Bill Inserts
- February 2019 – Bill Insert highlighting all LIHEAP and PAGE and NJ SHARES programs
- January 2020– Bill Insert highlighting all the Payment Assistance Programs available
- December 2018 – Working for You Newsletter article on LIHEAP & PAGE programs
- November 2018 – NJ SHARES Bill Insert - donation
- 2019-2020 Winter Termination Program (WTP) Bill Insert
- November 2019 – Life Sustaining Equipment (LSE) Bill Insert
PSE&G Workshop and Conference Info
The materials below are from Energy Assistance Workshops and Conferences that we conduct throughout the community. These PowerPoint presentations are intended to help customers learn how to take advantage of resources that may be available to them.
View/download PowerPoint presentations:
- PSE&G Collection Policies and Procedures
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)/LIHEAP Emergency Assistance Funds & Universal Service Fund (USF)/USF Fresh Start Program & State of NJ Weatherization Programs
- Payment Assistance Gas & Electric (PAGE) Program
- NJ SHARES
- WInter Termination Program (WTP)/NJ Board of Public Utilities (BPU) Programs
- NJ 2-1-1 Partnership
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- NJ Comfort Partners
- NJ SAVE Lifeline Program
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Program
As an organization or agency serving low-income families in New Jersey, you can help the people you serve have more available cash by promoting the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program.
What is EITC? It is a special federal and state tax benefit for low-income working families and individuals that may:
- Increase the tax refund to be received,
- Decrease the amount of taxes owed, or
- Provide a refund even if taxes are not owed.
For tax year 2019, depending on the income of the taxpayer, the federal EITC credit can be between $529 to $6,557, and a state credit can be as much as $206 to $2,557
How Can You Promote EITC?
- Forward this web page to all your partnering agencies.
- Distribute the EITC flyer.
- Talk to your clients about the program.
- Provide your clients with free tax preparation information. New Jersey individuals and families whose 2018 earnings were lower than $55,000 can get their taxes prepared free of charge. To find out where you can get free help filing your taxes, call the NJ Community Resource Hotline at 211 or 1-877-652-1148; or if you make $55,000 or less, you can prepare your own taxes for FREE by visiting myfreetaxes.com. It’s easy. It’s safe. It’s free.
- Visit www.njeitc.org for eligibility requirements and additional information.
For further information, please contact: The NJ Division of Taxation 1-609-292-6400