Resources for Agencies and Community Organizations
Lending a Helping Hand
We work with community organizations to share information about available resources for our customers.
This page contains links to conferences, workshops, brochures, flyers, and other info that may be of use to clients served by educational and religious organizations, as well as social services agencies.
- NJ Comfort Partners brochure English | Spanish
- LIHEAP/Universal Service Fund (USF) Fact Sheet
- LIHEAP/USF application
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about USF
- Payment Assistance Gas and Electric (PAGE) Application English | Spanish
- Payment Assistance Programs and LIHEAP/USF Intake Sites Handout
- Payment Assistance Outreach Brochure
- NJ Department of Community Affairs Weatherization program flyer English | Spanish
- NJ Department of Community Affairs Payment Assistance flyer English | Spanish
- PSE&G Bill Payment Assistance and Energy Efficiency Programs Flyer
- PSE&G Press Releases
Social Security Information
Sample Payment Assistance Outreach Bill Inserts
- February 2022 – Bill Insert highlighting all Payment Assistance Programs available
- March 2022 – Bill Insert highlighting LIHEAP, PAGE, NJ SHARES programs
- November 2022 – Life Sustaining Equipment (LSE) Bill Insert
- November 2022 - March 2023 – Winter Termination Program (WTP) Bill Insert
- February 2022 – NJ Shares Bill Insert - donation
Programs highlighted in these presentations are for PSE&G residential customers only.
- Community Stakeholders: PSE&G’s Energy Assistance Webinar (4/24/23)
- Union County: PSE&G, Elizabethtown Gas and UCCYC Webinar – NJ Payment Assistance Programs (4/5/23) View in Spanish
- Religious Credit: PSE&G’s NJ Utility Payment Assistance Programs (12/13/22)
- Community Stakeholders: PSE&G’s NJ Utility Payment Assistance Programs (11/14/22)
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Program
As an organization or agency serving low-income families in New Jersey, you can help the people you serve have more available cash by promoting the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program.
What is EITC?
It is a special federal and state tax benefit for low-income working families and individuals that may:
- Increase the tax refund to be received,
- Decrease the amount of taxes owed, or
- Provide a refund even if taxes are not owed.
If you worked full or part time in 2022 and earned less than $60,000, you may qualify to receive an Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) of up to $6,935 on your federal taxes and up to $2,774 on your New Jersey state taxes. For more information, call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040 or the New Jersey Division of Taxation at 1-888-895-9179. You can also visit irs.gov/eitc or njeitc.org. To learn how to file your taxes free of charge, call New Jersey’s hotline at 211 or visit nj211.org.
How Can You Promote EITC?
- Forward this web page to all your partnering agencies.
- Use the EITC Marketing Toolkit.
- Talk to your clients about the program.
- Provide your clients with free tax preparation information. New Jersey individuals and families whose 2021 earnings were lower than $65,000 can get their taxes prepared free of charge. To find out where you can get free help filing your taxes, call the NJ Community Resource Hotline at 211 or 1-877-652-1148; or if you make $65,000 or less, you can prepare your own taxes for FREE by visiting myfreetaxes.com. It’s easy. It’s safe. It’s free.
- Visit www.njeitc.org for eligibility requirements and additional information.
For further information, please contact:
The NJ Division of Taxation 1-609-292-6400