Info for Social Services Agencies, Educational, and Religious Organizations
Lending a Helping Hand
We work with community organizations to share information about available resources for our customers.
This page contains links to conferences, workshops, brochures, flyers, and other info that may be of use to clients served by educational and religious organizations, as well as social services agencies.
- NJ Comfort Partners brochure English | Spanish
- LIHEAP/Universal Service Fund (USF) Fact Sheet
- LIHEAP/USF brochure English | Spanish
- LIHEAP/USF application
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about USF
- Payment Assistance Gas and Electric (PAGE) Application English | Spanish
- Payment Assistance Programs and LIHEAP/USF Intake Sites Handout
- Payment Assistance Outreach Brochure
- NJ Department of Community Affairs Weatherization program flyer English | Spanish
- PSE&G Energy Assistance programs flyer
- PSE&G Press Releases
Social Security Information
Sample Payment Assistance Outreach Bill Inserts
- February 2022 – Bill Insert highlighting all Payment Assistance Programs available
- March 2022 – Bill Insert highlighting LIHEAP, PAGE, NJ SHARES programs
- December 2021 – Working for You Newsletter on LIHEAP & PAGE programs
- November 2021 – Life Sustaining Equipment (LSE) Bill Insert
- January-March 2022 – Winter Termination Program (WTP) Bill Insert
- February 2022 – NJ Shares Bill Insert - donation
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Program
As an organization or agency serving low-income families in New Jersey, you can help the people you serve have more available cash by promoting the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program.
What is EITC?
It is a special federal and state tax benefit for low-income working families and individuals that may:
- Increase the tax refund to be received,
- Decrease the amount of taxes owed, or
- Provide a refund even if taxes are not owed.
For tax year 2021, depending on the income of the taxpayer, the federal EITC credit can be between $1,502 and $6,728, and a state credit can be as much as $601 and $2,691.
How Can You Promote EITC?
- Forward this web page to all your partnering agencies.
- Use the EITC Marketing Toolkit.
- Talk to your clients about the program.
- Provide your clients with free tax preparation information. New Jersey individuals and families whose 2021 earnings were lower than $65,000 can get their taxes prepared free of charge. To find out where you can get free help filing your taxes, call the NJ Community Resource Hotline at 211 or 1-877-652-1148; or if you make $65,000 or less, you can prepare your own taxes for FREE by visiting myfreetaxes.com. It’s easy. It’s safe. It’s free.
- Visit www.njeitc.org for eligibility requirements and additional information.
For further information, please contact:
The NJ Division of Taxation 1-609-292-6400